Monday, February 22, 2010

A Thought to Ponder...

I saw this verse in a book tonight while I was at work. I love it and it really hit home with me.

"If there is something to desire, there will be something to regret. If there's something to regret, there will be something to recall. If there is something to recall, there was nothing to regret. If there was nothing to regret there, was nothing to desire."

What's the last thing you desired? Did it make you ache? Did it make you regret? What if the thing you desired most was something you could never have again? If you couldn't have it again, would it make you appreciate the final experience that much more or would it not mean that much to you?



3 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, do you know I haven't wanted anything so bad in a long time. I feel very blessed and no need for wanting. Cheesy, huh?! However, one thing I want desperately to the point of an ache is continued health for my son. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him.

Don said...

Sounds like a great read, I might add.

What's the last thing you desired? Did it make you ache? Did it make you regret? What if the thing you desired most was something you could never have again? If you couldn't have it again, would it make you appreciate the final experience that much more or would it not mean that much to you?

I can't really say. I sat here and pondered these questions over and over again, trying to see if I were being selfish or what? LOL!

Of course my desire was a former girlfriend (true love). I still have thoughts of this woman. I can never have her again but it doesn't make the last time we saw each other (sat and ate Krispy Kreme donuts) that much more enjoyable.


*sigh*

Janna said...

Deep thoughts! Good thing I had my coffee today. I'll have to think on this one some more.

I think of time with my dad and yes my time with him means that much more now that he's gone.