Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From The Mouths of Babes (babes being children, that is)

My youngest child will be 7 on Friday. We were coming home from play rehearsal tonight and he says, "Friday's my birthday and I get to take cupcakes or cookies to school and then when I get home, I get to go to Grammy's; that's really lucky!" I was very touched by the sweetness in that little boy's statement, feeling lucky to be able to spend his birthday with his grandparents. I have always been very proud of the fact that I have a close family and that I have a good relationship with my parents. To see my children have the same strong bond with my parents (and our extended family) makes me feel like the luckiest person on earth.

1 comment:

Janna said...

I'm so glad to hear these stories of happy families. Happy Birthday little guy! He is very wise.I have just started my own blog with similar happy moments. Check it out if you like.