Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Summer in the Books

And so it goes. The summer is 7 days from being over as the boys start school a week from today. Already the madness begins! Tonight I have to go to a football meeting for my 7th grader and they'll give us the ins and outs of the middle school football program, what's expected of our athletes, they'll make sure the boys have had their physicals... Should be interesting. Tomorrow is Meet the Teacher Night for my 1st grader and he's more than ready to start back. He had his official countdown going as of August 1.

It's been a really great summer for all of us. The hubs and I have enjoyed lots of play time together, the boys have had several mini-vacations of their own, they've gotten to spend lots of time with their friends, and we took our annual family trek to Port A. Today after lunch the boys and I will be cleaning out closets making room for new school clothes and getting rid of anything they don't use or want anymore. School starts in 7 days and my boys will be ready.

1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

We start next week too. My son will be going to kindergarten so it's very exciting!!!!! Good luck!