Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Happy Place

Surprisingly, I never thought I'd ever say it, but it's the j-o-b. I can't stress how much I love being there. I love the people I work with, I love reading, and I am always happy when I come home. Even when I have to close and don't get home until 1230-1 a.m. on weekends. Even with the dreaded holiday season around the corner. Even when I have to RTS stacks of magazines like this
on weekends. Even when my very most favorite buddies aren't working but other nice people are. I can be my fun-loving, happy self where it's okay to get excited and I don't have to worry about, "tone it down, Marissa." I can be myself without having to worry about saying or doing the wrong thing. My co-workers get me and I get them. I haven't felt this way about a job since high school when I waited tables at Souper Salad. I loved that company so much that I followed a manager to a different store when he transferred.

Anyway, I know I've talked a lot about the job lately but I can't help it. I'm happy, I love it, and I am genuinely in a good mental place for those 8 hours of the day when I get to be where I feel the best about myself. What's yours?

No comments: