Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The "I" Word

I posted awhile back about how over the summer I sold teeth whitening products in a local mall to earn extra cash for our trip to Laguna in July. In this post, I mentioned that I got fired 2 days after I got home because I wasn't "manipulative" enough to sell the product to the masses.

This morning we were in our weekly meeting at work and my boss was talking about the importance of integrity. He gave a couple of examples of times when he advised people of the right thing to do where it pertains to their properties and the buyer/seller ultimately did the opposite and we ended up losing the listing or the buyer. It doesn't happen too often to our office but it DOES happen. I just thought it was really cool how he was talking about the importance of doing the right thing rather than compromising our principles for a buck.

It made me think of how lucky I was to have been fired from the teeth whitening biz (which I wasn't ever crazy about to begin with) only to be offered this great job with such an incredible boss and co-workers a few weeks later. I finally feel like I'm in the right place.

No comments: