Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's like a trainwreck; I can't look away!

I tend to get sucked into 'reality' shows and CMT's "My Big Redneck Wedding" is no different. I know I really shouldn't watch that crap but I just can't help it. Call it a guilty indulgence of mine!

CMT just started its second season of "My Big Redneck Wedding." It's a
show hosted by Tom Arnold that follows the preparation and ceremony of
redneck weddings. I totally can't help but watch it
when I see it! It's hard to believe that there are true country bumpkin
families that live this way (and I'm sure they would say the same about
me if they watched my lifestyle on TV). These folks can't speak plain
English, drink beer for breakfast, don't believe in teeth and their
most popular form of entertainment is diving in the middle of puddles or
tearing up their non-exsistent lawns with dune buggys.
Anywho, the second
season premiere was on Saturday night (and subsequently repeated Monday)
and it was the granddaddy of all
redneck weddings. Meet Anna and Bo of Alabama....a loving couple who
share everything together: a home, the bed, their mutual love... and the
same parents!
Yes, a brother/groom and sister/bride got married. They
are not blood related, but Anna was adopted by Bo's parents and they grew up
together - that makes them brother and sister, my friends! I felt like
taking a shower after watching that because I just felt plain dirty.
Their wedding archway had shotgun shells hanging from it and
the mom talked with the daughter about her kids having sex together.
The topper came when the mom/daughter were arguing about the wedding
dress and the mom got a bit upset, so she ended everything by shouting,
"You're gonna marry your brother tomorrow whether you like it or not!"

Greatness indeed.

No comments: