Monday, October 13, 2008

Just a Random Thought

I was attempting to take a survey on my myspace the other day and was going to post it as a bulletin but I got annoyed because most of the questions were like, "did you talk to the person you like today?" and "are you still in love with your ex?"--total BS questions. Anyway, one question really struck me. It asked, "Does the last person you held hands with mean a lot to you?"

It got me thinking: the last person whose hand I held was my youngest son's. That is not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination but it made me sad because I can't remember the last time I held my oldest boy's hand. Was it when he was little like his brother? I love my oldest but he's not a little boy anymore and those moments like that with my "baby" are fleeting. Before I know it, he won't reach for my hand when we cross a parking lot. Time is no longer on my side...

No comments: