Thursday, June 18, 2009

Headed Home

That's right. We're currently somewhere in Kansas headed back to Texas. It was a wonderful visit and our last evening was spent watching my cousin, Tanya's son, Trenton's t-ball game followed by a great steak meal at The Open Flame in Gilbert.

It was cool--the novelty is that you cook your own steak. Good times, good food! Earlier in the week, Robert and I had stumbled on a bar in the Campustown part of Ames called Capone's and loved everything about it. We found out that Wednesday nights are their karaoke nights so we headed there from The Open Flame and Tanya met us up there.

I think this was probably our best trip Iowa to date. I'm so happy to have been able to spend time with the fam and see the sights. I mentioned in my last blog that we took a ton of pictures so my next task will involve uploading and posting them to my blog.

Up next: Father's Day!

No comments: