Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summertime!

I am really looking forward to summer as I do every year. As of tomorrow, I will officially have a first grader and... a middle schooler (7th grade)! We have many exciting things planned in the coming months and the first of our adventures starts Friday. The hubby and I are headed to our favorite Texas city, Austin for a weekend getaway--okay, okay, so he'll be working while we're there. Regardless, it's a time to get out of the confines of the DFDub, work on my tan at the UT track, hit my favorite hot spots (Coyote Ugly and Mesa Rosa top the list) and of course, visit the Capitol building.

We're also taking the first of two family vacations next Friday. The hubs, the boys and I are driving to Iowa with my mom to visit her side of the family and I couldn't be more excited! We haven't been there since my youngest was a baby and I am so happy to get to see everyone. The hubs has never been to Iowa so we have a lot that we're planning to do and see. I really need to get better about posting pictures on this blog. Speaking of pictures, Son Number One--one as in firstborn--had a photo shoot yesterday with a good family friend who happens to be the photographer at the paper where the hubs is employed and I can't wait to post the pictures! My child and a group of his skateboard buddies headed to the old Intermediate school where they frequently sail down stair sets and sidewalks and Joe did a fantastic job capturing the moments. It's summertime, ya'll, and I LOVE it!

No comments: