Monday, June 15, 2009

Iowa (Part I)

We've been here since Friday and I am having a wonderful time!

Iowa is where I spent many happy childhood summers and tonight I'm remembering why. Cool, breezy nights, ball games, trips to Starbuck's fast food for legendary cheese balls, and hotdog roasts at my grandma's house to name a few.

I'll post pictures when we get home--we've taken a ton--as I can't wait to share my adventures. Today we walked the Iowa State campus, loaded up on new ISU gear, had supper at my cousin's house in Gilbert and went to watch her daughter, Taylor play softball.
I wish we could stay longer. It's so great that the boys have cousins close in age to them and when they get together, it's like they pick up where they left off; they don't miss a beat.

Well, we're in a theatre about to watch a movie so I guess I'm gonna end this blog for now. Pictures coming soon!

No comments: