Monday, December 21, 2009

Brittany Murphy Dies...

I normally don't blog about celebrities. It's not my style. I don't care who they're dating, don't care what kind of car they drive or what designer they're wearing. They are people with careers that keep them in the public eye. Her death, though, kinda hit home with me. She's only two years older than I am and it got my mind racing with all kinds of different thoughts. Okay, maybe not "racing" but it made me think about life in general. If I died today, would I be happy with where my life took me? What lessons would I have learned? Would people know how I felt about them? Did I teach my boys to treat others kindly and with respect? Did I accomplish what I hoped I would? Did I have a more positive affect on people's life rather than a negative one? What would my legacy be?

I think about these questions some. Especially when I hear about a youngish person who passes away. Do I try to live my life to the fullest extent and get everything I possibly can out of every experience? I really hope I do. I know I try. I just hope that my life is never lived in vain and that one day I leave behind a legacy of love, laughter and genuine zest for the life I lived.

brittany murphy Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

It does make you think. I liked Brittany Muprhy a lot too. I will always remember her from Clueless when she was more plain and cute, and at the party she waved her hand across her face and said "rollin' with the homies."

Sad thing.

Happy New Year.

Don said...

it's as if i have learned more about Brittany in her death opposed to the familiarity of her life and career. i think it's just an unfortunate and tragic occurrence.