Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Know, I Know...

It's been ages. I've been working. A LOT. I miss my blog friends. I miss my boys. But I am here now and hope that the next post will have a couple of pictures. So, here's what's been on my mind as of late...

-Thanksgiving was wonderful and it never fails to amaze me what a great family I have. I've bragged on them many times on this blog but I can't help it--they're wonderful. I am so thankful that no one is at the other's throat, no one avoids holidays because they don't want to be around a relative, we've always supported each other... that's the stuff to be thankful for. We hung out at my grandma's all day, ate until we were all in a comatose state and woke up just in time for the Cowboys game (which I tried not to watch because I'm just not a Romo fan).

-Black Friday came and went and luckily, I was making money rather than spending it. Yes, I was crazy enough to actually WANT to work on Black Friday and it was awesome! I love the bustle of the holidays, especially when I'm working.

-Yesterday was my "magic" birthday. 30 on the 30th. It's the birthday I've been looking forward to since I was about 15 years old. It wasn't as magic as I expected but it was still nice enough. We went out Sunday night to ring it in at 1201 a.m. and I was serenaded by my friend, Bernard. Good times! Saturday is the party and we're gonna do it right in downtown Ft Worth which I'm really looking forward to! Yesterday I worked all day. I didn't mind--it's money in my pocket and my parents brought the boys by to see me so that was nice.

-A friend of mine is engaged. We've been close friends since we were 8 years old so literally 22 years. I was not asked to be one of her bridesmaids and I'll admit, my feelings were hurt. Is it wrong, blog readers, to have expected to be asked? One one hand, I feel silly for expecting it and therefore silly for being upset by it. But then again, how do you not ask a friend of 22 years to be a part of your big day? I don't know. It's been bugging me for a few days.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. I'll update with Thanksgiving pictures tomorrow since it's my day off. And as always, I read all the blogs I follow even if I don't always comment!

2 comments:

Don said...

Black Friday scared me. I vow to never partake in another BF ever again. LOL. Too hectic.

Happy Belated 30th Birthday.

Thanksgiving was nice for me and my family as well. God bless.

Janna said...

Well I can understand being surprised she didn't ask but I wouldn't give it much more thought.

There are so many factors in such choices like his relatives, thinking it might be too expensive or a burden for you, having a destination wedding etc.

If you are a true friend which I believe you are, I would continue to be happy for her and assume the best. It will be much easier on your nerves.

Hope I didn't get in your business to much but you asked so I tried to answer:)