Tuesday, December 15, 2009

NPC 2010

And so begins my journey. Two years ago, I watched some friends compete in the NPC Lonestar Classic Figure Competition. From the moment I stepped into the facility and saw the bodybuilders and figure athletes, I was hooked! Figure is something completely different from women's body building. You lean out and gain muscle definition without building the massive man bulk that's associated with bodybuilders. (Example, pros Mary Elizabeth Lado and the late Amanda Savell, below)
Photobucket

I've slowly begun to transform my diet because it's a science that goes hand-in-hand with the workouts. Meals consist of chicken breast, ground turkey or tuna, oatmeal with flaxseed, brown rice, asparagus... Meals after 3 are protein and veggies. I'm not going to absolutely flood this blog with nothing but workouts and the same boring meals, but I'm going to do everything I can to chronicle this event in my life. I want to prove to myself that I have what it takes to be a figure athlete. I don't have many things I want to accomplish in my life, but I've always wanted to be able to train for an athletic competition. So, welcome to this journey in my life and here's to NPC in (November) 2010!

3 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, they're huge. Good luck! I do like when women have some muscle and tone but not when they start looking like men ya know?

Janna said...

Good luck on your journey and let us know how it's going.

Don said...

oh, you are about to own a bombshell bod. good luck and i will be sure to keep posted.

also, the banner is to die for. nothing greater than the love of family.