Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trust No One...?

I've decided I've had enough of fake people. Maybe people in general. I'd like to believe that I'm a genuinely nice person and when I say things, I mean them. I meet people on a daily basis and that's a huge part of why I like my job. I meet people in a social setting a lot as well but that's a little different and that's where I've decided the buck stops. I've begun taking every, "we should hang out!" with a grain of salt. If you don't really mean it, then for God's sake, don't say it! Trust me, I'm not desperate for friends and just waiting in vain for someone to call me up so we can go out for drinks, but Jeeze, don't tell me how cool I am when, in the back of your mind you're thinking, "Oh man, why did I say we would hang out?!" The older I get, the more keen my bullshit detector is.

No comments: