Friday, September 26, 2008

Hmmm...

Ask me how glad I am it's Friday. This week has totally dragged which is not the norm. More often than not, the days absolutely fly by and I'm left thinking, "damn, it's Friday already?!" So with that in mind, here's what's going on these days.

*Brad's flag football practices start this week--hubby is coaching which automatically makes me Team Mom--this kid is so excited about playing football. I have never seen a child that interested and he's been like that since he was an infant. No lie. This is a kid who, when playing Madden on the PS2, will analyze and study plays for an hour before he decides to put his team in a game situation. At 3 and 4, he would be at football games with us and be
able to identify various aspects of the game (safety, pitch play, jukes, etc.).

*Mom and Dad's 33rd wedding anniversary is Saturday and they're going on a week-long cruise. I'm so glad that they're getting away from it all for awhile! They're finally getting to a point in their lives where they're allowing themselves a few indulgences and it makes me happy that they're doing that. Happy 33rd anniversary!

*Grandma's 72nd birthday is Sunday. God bless this woman! She is so wonderful. She makes me laugh so hard every time I'm around her, her strength and faith in the Lord is so awesome AND she's a survivor of Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma. One of my favorite stories I have of her is this one: Let me preface this by quickly saying that grandma loves the occasional glass of Arbor Mist wine. It's Thanksgiving Day and a bunch of us are sitting around the table getting ready to play cards and she tells my cousin's husband, "There's some infidel wine in the fridge!" Instead of Zinfandel, she said "infidel". Hilarity ensues.

*The State Fair of Texas (i.e. fried food fest)begins today. I haven't been to the Fair since 2003 when I was performing as a back-up singer for King Cone on the Chevy Truck Main Stage. Robert is finally ready to tackle the Fair this year (in previous years he had been too heavy to do any walking but that's a totally different blog post) so we're taking the boys in 2 weeks. I love the Fair. There are so many things to do and so many people to watch. I wonder if my favorite creepy haunted house ride is still around? I used to LOVE that; the exterior always looked so mysterious. New foods this year include: chicken-fried bacon, fried banana splits and Fire & Ice which is some sort of fried pineapple creation. Let the artery clogging begin!

*And finally, my workouts are progressing nicely. I'm lifting 4x a week (working a different muscle group M-Th) and then finishing that off with a 45-min. cardio session. I txt my friend Cody yesterday who's a fellow gym rat and clean eater because I feel like I've been run over by a truck and I'm walking like a zombie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up my quest for the body of a figure athlete, but I haven't worked out this hard since I did the Fit & Fem 6-week challenge at Edge this time last year. Damn, it feels good to be back into a great workout routine. I miss Edge dearly but I've taken a lot with me. Progress results will be posted in 4 weeks as opposed to every week.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice The Gift." --Pre

No comments: