Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bad Blogger!

I know, I know--I am a bad blogger. I have every intention of updating regularly and I can't tell you how many times a great blog topic pops into my head at random. Because it's at random, I am usually nowhere near my computer when I get these ideas and then they flee my mind. We have been busy lately! Drew's football season is in full swing, he made the A/B Honor Roll the first 6 weeks and last night was his fall choir concert (video links below). They sounded great and I was so proud of him! Drew is the one in the middle of the stage, front row with his shirt sleeves rolled up.

I almost cried when I saw him up there on the stage with his classmates. It seems like yesterday he was a little boy playing with his cars and talking to his imaginary friends. Now, he's well on his way to 13, texts constantly and plays middle school football. As I was watching him, I couldn't help but think how absolutely wonderful it is, this life and being able to watch my boys grow up. The time goes by so quickly and I always have to remind myself to hang on as long as I can to these fleeting moments. Tomorrow I'll wake up and my boys will be fathers themselves. It's funny--I always told myself that I'd never be a mother; I didn't want to go through all that. But now that I am one, I wouldn't trade one day of it. Those boys are such special people and I have truly been blessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDTP4ZRzLb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHLFc2dLGqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0xYWPh9wjs



2 comments:

Janna said...

Ahh! Such a happy and proud mom!

How are business preparations?

Take care!

Don said...

i'm sure no one has to inform u or convince u how truly blessed u and ur children r. and i am sure u felt the same while viedotaping.

hey blog buddy. lol. thanks for the kind comment on my blog while i've been away.