Sunday, October 11, 2009

I <3 My Church

We've been going to a new church for about two months now and started going before we moved to Plano. The series we're in right now is called "Waking Up In Vegas" which is about the biblical city of Corinth. Today, however, Jeff took a break from the series to focus on a message about marriage and the importance of sticking it out even if it's tough. It was a really thought-provoking message, especially since every marriage (including mine) has rocky "what are we doing?" moments. As I was walking out afterward, I noticed my parents walking with their arms around one another, a gesture I haven't seen out of them in a long time; it made me thankful that they had just a few weeks earlier celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary. God is good!

1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

It's a beautiful thing to be deeply inspired by a visit to church, especially having to do with a message so close and personal to someone's heart. That was me last week. I heard a message I desperately needed to.