Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful

Just a quick blog to mention how thankful I am that I have such a great family. I'm thankful that I grew up having a comfortable home life. By comfortable I don't mean money. I mean, I'm thankful that my parents were loving, supportive, and that they loved each other. I'm thankful that even though they pushed my brother and I to be our best, they also respected our decisions to walk away from what we loved when we needed a break (singing, in my case; my brother chose the military over a college soccer career).
I'm thankful that even though there were tough times financially, we never went without and my parents never let on that they were struggling. My parents both worked very hard to make sure we had everything we needed and sometimes I still can't believe there were times when it was paycheck-to-paycheck because from the exterior, no one would have ever guessed.
I don't get the chance to say thank you to them enough. In my mind, thank you is a given and it shouldn't be. Even now, my parents go above and beyond for us. They do so much more than I could or would ever ask for and they ask for nothing in return. I need to tell them more often how much they're appreciated and how much I love them but my damn pride always gets in the way. I take them for granted and I tend to think that they just know. We're going to see them tomorrow like we do every weekend. It's always good to be able to go home.

No comments: