Thursday, January 15, 2009

COMPETITIVE

That word doesn't really apply to me on an everyday basis, however, I've discovered that it definitely applies when someone does something that I do or is going to do something that I do. Let's take singing for instance. When I was younger, I had a 'nemesis' in school named Christine. She was good and she knew it. I never cared about being the best unless we were vying for the same solo or first place in school competitions. I'll never forget the 8th grade talent show. I was feelin' good, I was lookin' good and ready to go and then... she sang "Hero" by Mariah Carey. Intimidation ALMOST got the best of me but I kept thinking about how much I wanted to win, how much I HAD to be the best. I sang "Why Not Me" by The Judds and I'll never forget the look on her face when I won. It was the greatest!

I hate to say that little miss "Needs To Be The Best" has reared her ugly head again. This time, it's a weight loss, body transformation thing. BlahBlahBlogger is working hard to transform her body and although I have not informed her, she has fanned the flames of my workout fire and in my mind, it's on! I have thrown down the gauntlet and there's no turning back--there's no way I'm going to let her succeed and let my own progress fall by the wayside. Wait, let me clarify. I definitely want her to succeed, however, I'm not going to be left in the dust. My quest to be the ultimate hardbody has not only more than begun, but it's all or nothin' now, baby. And THIS will be my end result.

No comments: