Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Perfect House

I love houses. I have been obsessed with them since I was a child. I'm always thinking about MY perfect house. I was paruzing house plans a few years ago via Southern Living and found THE perfect house for me!







I love this idea for a Master Suite


A possible guest room


I like this idea for a small boy's room



Maybe a playroom...?



I want a pool in the backyard (fully landscaped), dark leather couches in my living room a la Pottery Barn, handscraped hardwood floors throughout, (jury is still out on carpet because I'm not a fan of carpet). I know it's probably ideal in the bedrooms but we have boys and boys and carpet do NOT mesh well together. I want a big jetted tub in the master bath with a separate shower, his/hers sinks in the master bath, brushed nickel fixtures, antique doorknobs, a double oven, hand-textured/faux painted rooms in my favorite colors--chocolate brown, khaki, cream and possibly a deep barn red color for the kitchen. I want French doors for the study/office and I have to have a library for all my books. I don't want the moon or anything, do I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a lot of the same ideas /Taste when it comes to house. I hate carpet too. Hardwood floors, Travertine, or stone is the way to go!!!