Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Yesterday, Robert covered the death of a Decatur HS sophomore, Chelsea Lunt. She was on her way to school and had the building in plain sight when she flipped her truck and was killed. I was with him after lunch yesterday when all the news stations were at the site of the crash. I was there when her friends erected a cross in memory of her and I just don't understand. I know it's not our place to question why this happens; God has a plan for all of us. There's always something unnatural about a child preceding their parents in death, though. I prayed for her family last night and I tossed and turned. I didn't even know Chelsea (Robert did, however because she was an athlete) but the ripple effect her death has had on the community will be long-reaching. I can only continue to pray that the Lord will lift up the Lunt family and give them peace and comfort.

No comments: