Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Auld Lang Syne

I make resolutions every year and never once do I follow through with them. They typically involve the "i resolve to get fit this year!" just like every other person in America. I've been thinking a lot about my resolutions today and I've decided I'm only making one. I'm going to speak my mind more often. I'm going to say what I feel be it hurt, anger, happiness, annoyance... I'm going to say what's on my mind without being afraid how people will take it and whether or not they'll like me for it. I've been a people pleaser all my life and constantly worry that people don't or won't like me. No more. I'm almost 30 years old and my life is, by typical standards, half over. Why should I continue to worry about being liked? I shouldn't. If something pisses me off, I'm going to say it. If something hurts my feelings, I'm going to say it. I'm tired of holding in my feelings out of fear that I might offend someone. Welcome, 2009.